Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Check out our newest ASSETS lady!!!




This month’s feature on an ASSETs lady is delayed and I apologize, we all know how things can be around the holidays! I would like to introduce you all to yet again, as we all love, another young, successful woman Laura Frey. Laura is 25 and currently working towards her master’s degree of Corporate and Public Communication at Monmouth University. She is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Laura told me about her involvement at Penn State. While working towards her degree she “was a part of the Pennsylvania State University’s ComRadio which is an online radio news station.  I worked for the news radio station from September, 2007 to May, 2008.  I also worked as a videographer for the Pennsylvania State University’s Television station PSN-TV in 2008.  Currently, I am not a part of any organizations.  I am seeking a job position in broadcast media and working towards completing my Master’s degree.  However, I am interested in joining organizations that will enhance my skillset and offer networking events”. This sounds like a very busy lady, if you ask me! So far out of all our ASSETS features you can see these girls all have or will be graduating from college with desires to go on with their education and all very involved with extracurricular activities at their school.
            So what is Laura’s story? As heard by Laura, “I am a Graduate student at Monmouth University pursuing a degree in corporate and public relations communications.  I believe that in this current economy, I will have leverage over other applicant’s competiting for the same position.  I recently completed an internship at a prestigious news station in New York City.  At this time, I am seeking employment in a news station while completing my final course work in graduate school”. Laura is a very hard worker and knows what she wants to do now and in the long run. She always has a plan and sets out to stick to it and follow through.
            Since Laura always has a plan she was asked, where do you see yourself in a year… five… 10…? Laura responded with “In a year, I hope to be working in a newsroom for a prestigious television news station and learning new skills for position advancement.  In five years, I hope to be working in a news station as a producer or as an on camera reporter.  In ten years, I plan on being a senior anchor, reporter, or producer”. As I personally know Laura since we are classmates, I can truly say this ASSETS lady has her head on straight and always has a plan. This girl is very successful at such a young age as she worked for Telemundos after college, went for her master’s degree, was offered an internship with cablevision and has interned with Fox news. Anyone can learn a lot from this lady! So, why not right!?
            Here is what you can learn from Laura. You can succeed as she does if you find a quote to live by and practice your own preaching. Below are Laura’s quotes she lives by and
Always be a first rate version of yourself,
not a second rate version of somebody else
Judy Garland

I’ve been lucky.  Opportunities don’t often come along.
So, when they do, you have to grab them.
Audrey Hepburn

“I would give is to study hard, work hard, and never give up. 
Always stay focused and determind and you will reap the
rewards.”
                                                            Laura Frey


            Thank you all so much for taking the time to learn about our newest ASSETS lady and Laura thank you so much for wanting to help young ladies how to be a better version of themselves. Take care all and happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I've known Laura Frey for many years, and I believe she truly is an accomplished and well-rounded woman. Excellent choice, Devon!

    ReplyDelete