2013... we are now in month 3 and if you haven't set any personal or professional goals now would be te time... however... anytime is a good time! For me personally, I set 5 work goals for this year. Two of these goals were similar to last years but since they went so well I decided I wanted to maintain and make them my goals again. I also set a personal goal to run in an 8K and run the whole race. I am currently on week 2 of the training and cannot feel my legs or feet... but it's okay because the hard work will pay off!
Goals come in all different types.. personal and work related, large and small, to do ASAP or do over an extended amount of time. What matters about goals is that you actually set them, write them down and keep them in a place you can look at them such as in your phone or on your desk or by your bed, get feedback! See what your manager thinks about work related goals and what family members or friends think about personal goals. It is always easier to do something when people know about it. They can tell you their opinions and how you may be able to work on your idea and make it realistic. Most importantly you will have support! WIthout suppport, it is really hard to give yourself on track. And most importantly about goals, FOLLOW THROUGH. If you say you are going to do something, DO IT. If you don't want to do it for yourself then do it for the people, person, place or thing is is going to benefit. Always remember that no matter what you do, big or small, it always means something and even the little tasks that so important really are that important as they add up to the big picture, that's what my manager has instilled in me and I live by it daily.
I hope this little note helps and please feel free to drop a comment with questions or concerns about setting goals. I'm not a professor, but I'm a good listener and advice giver. Also please feel free to leave a comment about your 2013 goals! As corny as that sounds... maybe if you post it on the internet for the world to see you will really push yourself harder to do it as well as have the support of so many! Good luck with your goals ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment