As you should every year... now it is a good time to start creating new goals and looking back at ones you previously set. Did you accomplish it? If not, what happened? Try to stay focused and on track. When you set your mind to something don't back down. BUT, if you want it bad enough, no one has to tell you that.
When I talk about goals, I'm talking about personal and professional. It doesn't hurt to want to treat yourself to something nice every once in awhile. Tell yourself that you will arrive to work at least 15 minutes early day, take a shorter lunch break than normal, get done all your tasks, plus some and if you do that for a month straight, you will take your self out to buy that nice pair of shoes you been saving up for!
Setting professional goals for yourself is another great thing to do. You should always want feedback! Communication is NOT a one way straight! Ask to meet with your supervisor or manager or boss to go over goals you have or things you want to improve and see how they can help. I personally meet with my manager every other week so we can check in if I have any concerns or questions, new things I would liked to be trained on, to get an overall look of how I'm doing, etc.
On another front, CRITICISMS. Learn to take 'em and learn to dish 'em! With feedback will come criticisms. If you are being trained on something or learning something in a manner not suitable (you would rather be at the control trying to the task, rather than sitting back and watching), SAY SOMETHING, politely of course. At the end of the day, this is you and what you need to learn so you have to make sure you are getting it right! Also, be able to take criticisms well. Of course, any negative criticisms or just hurtful ways of being told to do something (like your dumb and that's wrong do it my way or the highway - HELLLLLOOOOO HR???). If someone says to you, I really like the way you have been doing this, but I think my way is a little easier for you, why don't you give it a go? (VERY NICE! Take the criticism and try it! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and if you want to be professional you have to be strong - minded and willed).
All in all, set goals, get feedback and learn to live with criticisms. These are a part of life in business that aren't going anywhere. If you can set a goal and accomplish it, trust me you feel great and who doesn't want to feel great right?
No comments:
Post a Comment