Below is word for word the article on all of Ivanka's career advice, enjoy!
- Keep hair and make up simple
"I never want my appearance to distract from my work"
I
love natural make up with a blow out, a low chignon or slick ponytail.
These styles give you the freedom to experience with your outfit but
still look put-together.
- Develop a relationship with a mentor
"Don't be afraid to seek advice"
Some
of the most accomplished people I know are very accessible. Just make
sure your approach is tactful and your questions are smart - not
anything that could be answered with a google search.
- Set goals
"Think about things you want to achieve in both the short- and long- term"
Without
the former you can't get to the latter. I like making a list of things I
want to accomplish in the coming six months and reflect upon that list
regularly. Then I assess my next steps.
- Think overdressed, not underdressed
"If you're unsure of what to wear go more formal"
A pencil skirt, medium-high heels and a tweedy jacket are classic t
standbys. you have to take yourself seriously and dress for the role you want.
- Experiment with trends in smaller ways
"Mix
in bold colors and details like burgundy, leather, and baroque
embellishments on bags, shoes, collars and more. They can all be work
appropriate if you integrate them sparingly"
- Use social Media wisely
"Never post anything you wouldn't want your boss to see"
My
HR department always goes on Facebook and Twitter to find out what
prospective employees are doing. On the flip side, when you're
interviewing you can use these sites to learn a little bit about your
employer and spark conversation
- Get regular feed back
"ask your superiors how they thin you're doing"
Especially
if you don't have scheduled reviews. Even though criticisms might be
hard to hear, it's important to challenge yourself like this. In the
end, the information you get will only help you improve.
------------------------------ -------
As
I have also suggested on my blog! Check out the attire tips for
interviews, goal setting posting and all my preaching about social
media!
No comments:
Post a Comment