Monday, April 1, 2013

APRIL ASSET LADY!


         

          Our April Assets Lady is Francesca Piancone, 24. I’d like to a quick second to thank Francesca for taking the time to answer the survey questions and become an ASSET Lady. Francesca is by far a very successful young woman with an extremely demanding schedule. So for her to find some time to answer this was great! I hope you all enjoy and please as usual, feel free to reach out to Francesca with any questions. Her information is listed below. I’d also like to thank all of you for the support and interest in these posts. You’re all ASSETS Ladies to me!

            Francesca went to college at Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL and is currently a graduate student at Monmouth University. Her study is in corporate and public communication. She expects to finish by December 2013. As Francesca says “I always knew that I wanted to further my education by finishing a master’s program”. As I always note, it is important to have goals and have an idea of what you want to do so you can plan and find ways to being the best you that want to be.

            A quote Francesca lives by is “The only time you fail is if you never try.” From what I know and see of Francesca, there is no doubt she lives by this quote. Francesca and I have a few classes together at Monmouth and she is very studious and always prepared for class with assignments and important topics to present. Also, Francesca is involved in many things and always keeping bus. To me, it is obvious she is always trying something and aims to succeed.

            I personally know that Francesca is a very busy lady! Not only is she a graduate student, she has been a graduate assistant since August 2012. She works to help a professor with planning events and other tasks the professor needs help with. Francesca is also a freelance writer. She began in July 2012 writing for The Edge Magazine. She also interns during the week at the Boys and Girls Club of Monmouth County. She began this position in February 2013. This isn’t all! Francesca also works on the weekends at Johnny Piancone’s Restaurant where she began in 2009. For the restaurant, she works as a server but also as a Social Media Assistant.

            With so many opportunities in her life, what does Francesca really want to do? She said, “I hope to be a public relations executive for a corporation after receiving my masters. I also wish to continue my writing career by freelancing articles for magazines and editing pieces.” This is great! Francesca has set a goal for herself and working very hard towards it. She is already on her way with working towards her master’s and has already started her freelance writing. With the way Francesca balances her schedule now with time management, there is no doubt she will succeed and find ways to make her dreams come true.

            So what exactly has made Francesca into the person she is today? Francesca said,

 

“My parents instilled in me that education is of

utmost importance. I come from a very hardworking

family; my grandfather emigrated here from Italy at

a young age and opened an Italian bakery and deli.

My father expanded the business by opening an

attached restaurant. From a very early age, I knew

what stamina and goals were. I have to accredit my

passion for education and my work ethic to my

amazing family. I know that hard work pays off,

hence why I have been pushing myself and trying to

start my career in a field that I adore.”

            What is evident about Francesca is that she is a planner. She sets goals and aims to achieve and as she said she learned this from her family. So, as I love to ask all the ASSETS Lady, “Where do you see yourself in a year? Five years? 10 years?” Francesca had a great response, of course.

 

“In one year I see myself with my master’s

starting my first job at a public relations firm conducting

social media for companies. I also see myself freelance

writing articles for lifestyle magazines.

In five years, I see myself at the same

organization, making public relations campaigns and

strategies for clients.

In ten years, I see myself married and going back

to school to get my PHD in communications, to eventually

teach courses at a university.”

 

            Finally, I asked Francesca, what advice would you give to other young women going into the “real world?” Francesca advised that she would tell them to “always be confident, and to never doubt yourself.” She also feel that “the key to being successful in a situation is to always be overly prepared and finding something that you love to do is extremely important.” For Francesca, she has noted where she found her passion. “I love public relations and journalism so that at the end of the day, I feel satisfied and accomplished. If you really aren’t happy, the job probably isn’t worth it” said Francesca. I could not agree with her more! When you find your passion, it’s like you’ve found it all and if you’re not happy than it isn’t meant to be!

            If you would like to reach out to Francesca for any more awesome advice or tips on something, please feel free to do so by Facebook, LinkedIn or Cell. Thanks again all and you too, Francesca! Hope you enjoyed this month’s feature!

 

Cell: 732-233-4262

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/francesca.piancone.3

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/francesca-piancone/17/869/42a

No comments:

Post a Comment